Apple roasted brussel sprouts


We are in the final countdown to thanksgiving! And what better time to share a quick and easy recipe for one of my all time favorite side dishes!  Not sure why but I always despised brussel sprouts. As far as I could tell they seemed to be the disgusting little nephew of cabbage. But some how by the time I got to college I was in love with them and would get so excited to see them on the menu when eating out. There are several ways to cook them but I prefer roasting because it retains all the flavor and goodness, and gets them nice and crispy. While I was pregnant I craved them constantly and would make batches of these to snack on. I especially love roasting them with apples for a sweet caramelized twist on a classic.

Best of all the it only takes a few ingredients;

32oz Fresh brussel sprouts, 
2 to 3 Fuji apples, chopped
Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper
Lemon juice

I combine all the ingredients and roast in the oven at 425 degrees for about 30 minutes, or until it's as brown as I want it and then its ready to be gobbled down. Everyone in my household loves this dish so its been officially added to the rotation!



Happy Thanksgiving!


Comments

Popular Posts