My Amazon Welcome Box!

I'll start by saying I'm not a big fan of registries and showers, in fact I got through my wedding and two babies without ever having a single registry. I have nothing against anyone else having a registry but it's just not for me. I personally feel weird making a list of things I want and then sharing that list and basically telling people what to buy me. However with my third pregnancy I started paying closer attention to all the registry perks out there. I realized I had been seriously missing out on great deals that come with setting up a registry! I found out that I could set up the registry, keep the list private and still get all the perks! It ended up being a really awesome way to organize all my baby needs and keep track of everything.

I started out with an Amazon Baby registry. It was the most logical place to start, considering amazon is usually my first stop for everything. Their registry comes with three main benefits;

Amazon Welcome Box 
Amazon Completion Discount
Amazon Baby bucks

To qualify for the welcome box you have to set up your registry and have a minimum purchase of $10 shipped from the registry. This means the item has to be added to your cart from the registry. Once you do that, a welcome box worth up to $35 gets shipped out to you. The boxes are not the same each time so you never know what might be in yours but I had super low expectations of mine. I was fully expecting a bunch of low quality mini samples that would be quite useless but was pleasantly surprised when the box arrived on my doorstep. 



When I opened up the box I was really glad to see a good variety of high quality brands and full size items that I could actually make good use of!



The items inside my welcome box were as follows

-Avent Nursing pads, 2pack
-Dr Brown's Options Bottle & Happy Paci
-Simple Joys by Carters white onesie, 3-6m
-Moon & Back organic cotton printed onesie, 3-6m
-Amazing Baby Muslin Swaddle, 46in x 46in
-Seventh Generation Diapers, 2 pack, size 1
-Mama Bear Diapers, 2 pack. size 1
-Huggies Natural Care Wipes, pack of 56
-Honest shampoo + body wash and lotion set 22ml 
-Johnson's body wash

Receiving all these items for free was pretty darn cool! Overall aside from the Johnson's body wash that I tossed out, I was pretty impressed with everything else! The best part was getting to try out new brands. The Moon And Back organic onesie is so incredibly adorable and soft! The muslin blanket was a nice change for me since I have a stash of Aden & Anais blankets, it was nice to try out a different brand.

The other two perks of the amazon registry are the completion discount and their baby bucks. There is a lot of confusion about these two so I'll try to make it as straightforward as possible. The completion discount is basically 15% off two orders from your registry any time in the 60 days leading up to your due date. Prime members get the full 15% off, whilst all other members get 10% off.  The good thing about the discount is that it can be used twice on an entire cart of things as long as they are added to the cart from the registry and are eligible for the discount.

A wide range of items are eligible for this discount; nearly everything for babies and children is eligible and surprisingly some non baby items. These include big ticket nursery furniture as well as toys for older children. To maximize your savings it's best to have a list of all the items you need and add them all to the cart from the registry and buy them all in one order. Then based on how you feel about the items once you receive them you can add up anything else you need into a second order and use the discount code one final time. Some people have mistakenly thought the discount code only covers two items but its actually two orders no matter how many items you add to each order as long as the total for both orders is under $2,000. I used this discount to get bigger items like our halo bassinet, a glider & ottoman set as well as birthday toys for my older kids. Overall I saved a lot of money using this completion discount!

Finally the last perk of an amazon baby registry is Baby Bucks. This perk is only for prime members. Once you have spent $1,000 in items added to the cart from your registry, you will receive $100 in baby bucks that can be used on diapering items. Items like diapers, wipes, diaper pail refills, rash creams and even cloth diapers. Surprisingly there are some travel items on this list such as travel systems and car seats.

Overall I can say creating an amazon baby registry was super helpful for me. It served as a good checklist and helped me stay organized, but best of all I saved a decent amount of money too!





Comments

Popular Posts