On my wishlist: Uncle Goose Alphabet blocks



I just posted an article about the benefits of wooden toys over plastic electronic toys, you can read the full article here. The first wooden toy I would like to introduce to my baby is this wooden block set by Uncle Goose. There are cheaper wooden blocks available but  I want this particular brand because it's made right here in America out of sustainable Michigan basswood, and the paint is non-toxic so it doesn't contain harmful lead or any other harsh chemicals.  I love that each block has an embossed side, a regular printed side, a number, and an animal as well as a variety of math symbols. The play options with this set are endless! You can buy just the blocks, or get the canvas storage bag or the pull wagon. I really like the wagon, but I guess the canvas bag is more practical in terms of keep them clean and dust free... I've been wanting this set for a while so I may go ahead and buy them this week!! They do also have lower case blocks available, as well as foreign language blocks too.

The recommended age for this set is 2 years and older,  and my baby is only 6 and half months old, but I think she is ready to play with at least a few of these at a time. I also can't wait to use these blocks as props for her monthly photos! Now I'm kicking myself wondering why I've waited this long to buy them.

  






xoxo

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts