Is it a brownie? Is it cookie? Its a brookie!


For thanksgiving dinner this year I decided to bring along one side dish and one dessert. I needed a dessert that was quick and easy to make, and would survive a long drive without refrigeration. After much deliberation I came across the hybrid brownie/cookie. I decided to combine a few different recipes I saw online and tailor it to suit my needs. I didn't have a lot of time on thanksgiving morning so I made a super easy version using Duncan Hines fudge brownie mix and Nestle Toll House cookie dough. I know this will taste ten times better if I make the dough and brownie batter from scratch. Tossing in a few marshmallows won't be a bad idea either!

To begin with I sprayed Pam in a 13x9 baking pan. Then I lined the bottom of the pan with one and a quarter tube of the chocolate chip cookie dough.



Next I added a layer of Oreo cookies, if your baking pan isn't deep enough you can crush the Oreo cookies up so you get a thinner layer of oreos. 


Then I mixed up the brownie batter by simply adding 2 eggs, a quarter cup of water and half a cup oil.  Once that was done I poured it on top of the oreos.


 I made sure the brownie batter completely covered the cookies.


I placed it in a 350 degrees pre-heated oven and it was done in about 35 minutes. Once it passed the toothpick test I took it out of the oven! I baked two of these at the same time and maybe that wasn't the greatest idea, the edges of the first one got a bit darker than I would have liked. Still tasted delicious though!


The smell alone made it worth it!! I thought it would be really hard to cut into but it actually wasn't. As long it has fully cooled down, cutting into it is just as easy as eating it!  As I mentioned earlier I plan to make this again soon and combine it with the s'mores recipe so there will be marshmallows, graham cracker crust and mini Hershey pieces!!

These taste best if they are warmed up right before you eat them. Smothering them in ice cream or whipped cream doesn't hurt either.


Happy Baking!

Comments

Popular Posts